Tuesday 16 September 2008

Good Morning

Well, Our first night alone was brilliant, I first drunk a half a bottle of red wine, you know just to calm my nerves and I also spoke to Mande (my baby sister) talking about how scared I was blah blah blah by the time I put the phone down I was a bit tipsy, so I took my rolling pin and off to bed.

I slept like a baby except I woke up 3 times, first I went to the toilet, second time I was cold so I jumped out of bed and put on my fleecy night gown and then the third time Zangi was talking to himself and I ignored him and went back to sleep (he normally wakes up at night, we hear him chating or singing for about 30mins and then he goes back to sleep) so it was not too bad....I am sure day 2 will be much better...except I can see that the boys are missing their Daddy.

Oh....an interesting article I have just read (BBC News)

Nigerian anti-polio chief removed
The chief of a village in northern Nigeria has been suspended from office for divorcing his wife because she had her children immunised against polio.


Buluma Ali has been ordered to re-unite with his wife or face "dethronement".
The head of Maisandari district said a traditional ruler was supposed to educate subjects on the importance of getting children immunised.
In 2003, some Nigerian Islamic leaders said the immunisations were part of a Western plot to make Muslims infertile.
They brought a halt to the vaccination campaign in the north of the country for a year, during which the number of new cases exploded.
"[Mr Ali] still believes that polio vaccine can render children infertile," Borno State spokesman Usman Ciroma told AFP news agency.
According to the UN World Health Organization, Nigeria is the only country in Africa and one of the four worldwide where polio is still endemic.

Anyway, we are off to visit Nel and Iris in Ripon today, wish me luck... I have never driven to Ripon from Northallerton before, so it will be a bit tricky.

Have a nice one!!!

No comments: