Wednesday 10 September 2008

The wonderful British weather

May I just start by saying how rotten the weather is, the past three years, we have hardly had any summer and I just hate the fact that it rains all summer...whats up with that???! and dont even get me started about how every play group or social gathering for children is closed...why??? what the heck do they expect us to do with our children....????

Last week sunday, hubby and I took the boys swimming and it was choker block! It was so full I was even uncomfortable to get into my bathing suit...seriously this is not on.

Today it is not raining so at least I have been able to do some washing, took the boys to the park and they had a lovely time and made a new friend. I cant go to places I normally go because the some village on the way is flooded and the road is closed, so I have to get on the A1 to go and visit friends....I just dont think it is worth it dragging my precious on the A1....I hate it and it is scary!



A month ago we went to Robin's hood bay.... very nice, on our way we went to Whitby and had fish & chips at a place called the mag pie (recommended by my wonderful Mum in law) It is world renowned and the fish was lovely!!!! the best I have ever had of course no fish bits the breams we buy back home at kamwala market...anyhoo, the fish is great and I strongly recommend to anyone going round those parts of the country to go there.
After we had our very deliiiiiiish lunch, we went to the beach (Robin's hood bay) very nice place, the tide was in so it was a bit hectic and I fell in the water...Do not go there if you have been to the beaches of Cape Town, Durban (you will be disappointed and might not enjoy it) I found the water was generally dirty and there was not so much space...anyway better luck next time hey




I seriously need to visit different places in Britain, I just feel like I have not travelled and seen the beauty of this lovely country.

No comments: